Birth It Up:
The Natural Series
an online class to help you feel strong and ready for your unmedicated, epidural-free birth
Wanting a natural birth isn’t always enough.
Many mamas fall into the trap of wanting a natural birth without fully preparing for a natural birth. Often, that results in an epidural (and plenty of disappointment).
And girl, there’s nothing wrong with having an epidural! But if your dream is to go natural, you need straightforward birth education so you know exactly what it takes.
Birth It Up: The Natural Series will help you feel—and stay—confident and in control during your unmedicated birth.
Eliminate anxiety and fear about
labor and delivery
Know how to manage your pain — physically and mentally
Prepare your partner to offer calm support and advocacy
Birth It Up: The Natural Series is for mamas who want to:
Give birth without medical intervention
Know what to expect from the entire birth process
Be excited, not anxious, heading into labor
Feel empowered by multiple pushing positions and methods
Be educated about interventions with an open mind, so you can feel at ease if things don’t go as planned
We’ve celebrated with thousands of families just like yours.
I DID IT! I had a natural vaginal birth without the use of an epidural! I am beyond proud of myself and I definitely could not have done it without your amazing course. Thank you!
The way you taught me to breathe and focus in your course saved me. I only pushed twice and then our sweet girl was in my arms. Thank you so much for the confidence you gave me going into labor!
Your Birth It Up course helped me in the last month of pregnancy feel confident about going into labor as a first-time mom. Things didn’t go as planned and I had to be induced…but my husband and I were prepared for all scenarios from the info in your natural series class!
12+ HOURS OF VIDEO-BASED LESSONS PLUS PRINTABLES AND DOWNLOADS
Birth It Up: The Natural Series will help you:
Create a birth plan you're excited about
Discover how to:
- Design your birth plan with confidence, knowing you’ve left nothing to chance
- Talk with your partner about your wishes
- Research your hospital’s birth statistics (and why they matter)
- Advocate for yourself during birth
Understand what your body does during birth
Feel fully informed about:
- How to encourage spontaneous labor
- What contractions do and what they feel like
- Why your baby’s positioning matters
- What happens when your water breaks
- Signs of a medical emergency
Know exactly when to head to the hospital
And understand what comes next:
- Restrictions related to eating, drinking, IV use, and movement during labor and delivery
- Cervical checks, monitoring, and what might happen if your baby becomes distressed
- Conversations about augmentation and induction
Get empowered with pain control tips that work
Receive no-nonsense guidance on:
- The benefits of laboring without medical pain intervention
- What labor pain is really like
- The most effective breathing exercises, relaxation techniques, and body positions for natural labor
- Pharmaceutical options for pain, including epidurals (taught with an open mind)
- How to prepare your partner to support you through labor
Adopt the right mindset (It's half the battle!)
Get your head in a helpful place with:
- Mental strategies to help you cope with pain
- Tips to erase any anxieties or fears you might carry into labor
- A pep talk to help you feel prepared for and pumped to rock your natural birth!
Be a pro when it comes time to push
Learn all you need to know about:
- Various pushing positions mamas prefer during natural birth
- Different pushing methods and which might work best for you
- Unique, actionable steps to make your pushing more effective
Feel prepped for postpartum
Find out what no one tells you about:
- What to expect in the hours, days, and weeks after birth
- Perineal and vaginal tears
- Common (and strange!) postpartum symptoms
- Postpartum mental health and red flags to be aware of
Be at peace changing your plan if you need to
Know what to expect if:
- A C-section is necessary for your, or your baby’s, safety
- You’re delivering vaginally after a previous C-section (VBAC)
- You’re having multiples
- Your baby is in a breech position
- You experience preterm labor
Plus these bonus lessons.
- Prepare for the big day
- Know what to expect from labor and delivery
- Provide the postpartum support your partner needs
- Know what baby gear you need (and what you don’t)
- Feel empowered to feed your baby your way
- Be confident caring for your little one and yourself
Induction of Labor
- Prepare for your induction
- Know what to expect from the process
- Shift to a positive mindset
- Get answers to all your twin birth questions
- Know what to expect from your vaginal or C-section twin delivery
- Understand why your delivery plans could change
- Find out if you’re eligible to VBAC
- Increase your odds of a successful VBAC
- Understand the risks and benefits of VBAC
Meet Your Instructor
Liesel Teen, BSN-RN
As a labor and delivery nurse, I’ve spent countless hours with women who felt anxious — even fearful — about giving birth. I want you to know it doesn’t have to be that way for you!
When you know what to expect and have the tools to navigate the experience, you’ll have a better birth — no matter how you deliver.
Liesel Teen, BSN-RN
Founder, Mommy Labor Nurse
When you purchase Birth It Up: The Natural Series, you receive:
10+ hours of on-demand birthing videos taught by a labor and delivery nurse
2+ hours of newborn care guidance
Immediate and lifetime access to Birth It Up: The Natural Series
Live demonstrations and visuals to aid in your learning
Support and encouragement from a private Facebook community moderated by labor and delivery nurses
30-day money back guarantee
Plus 13 printables:
- Birth Affirmations
- Provider Interview Questionnaire
- Hospital Tour Questionnaire
- Birth Plan Templates
- Hospital Bag Checklist
- Natural Induction Cheat Sheet
- Contraction Tips
- Baby Registry Checklist
- Postpartum Essentials Checklist
- Pediatrician Interview Questionnaire
- Breastfeeding Tracker
- Baby Growth Tracker
- Support Person Cheat Sheet
Why take an online birth class?
Finding an in-person birth class that fits into your schedule can feel impossible.
And remembering everything you learn can be even tougher.
With a class from MLN you can:
Learn at your own pace, when it's convenient for you
Revisit the content until you feel completely prepared
Use the key takeaways at the end of each lesson for a quick review
You’ve got this, mama!
1. Access the class.
Your purchase is backed by our 30-day money-back guarantee. The only thing you have to lose is uncertainty.
2. Erase the unknowns.
Get straightforward information and game-changing tips from a labor and delivery nurse who has seen everything.
3. Rock your natural birth!
Feel calm, confident, and in control throughout the entire process.
You might still be wondering…
I'm not sure if I want a natural birth or an epidural. What class should I choose?
If you’re unsure, we recommend enrolling in The Natural Series. This class will prepare you to go natural if you decide that’s the best fit for you, but it also includes comprehensive information related to epidurals and other medical pain interventions.
The Epidural Series is designed for mamas who are certain they want an epidural and covers the process in more detail.
When does the class start and finish?
You have on-demand access to all the content as soon as you enroll! You can watch (and rewatch) the class whenever you want.
How long do I have access to the class?
After enrolling, you have unlimited, lifetime access to your class. This means that you can enroll at any point in your pregnancy and access (or revisit) the course whenever the timing is right! You can even access it again as you prepare for future births!
How do I access the content?
You can access this class on your phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, and/or smart TV. All Mommy Labor Nurse classes are housed in the online learning platform Teachable.
When is the best time to take an online birthing class?
While you can take an online birthing class at any point in pregnancy, the best time is at the end of your second trimester or early in your third trimester. This will allow the information to still be fresh on your mind if you get to your due date, while also ensuring you’re prepared in the event of preterm labor.
With lifetime access, you can even do a quick refresher as you get closer to your delivery date.
Is this class helpful for my support person?
Yes! We have a specific lesson addressing exactly how your support person can help. We also guide you on which lessons are most important for partners to watch.
Is Birth It Up HSA/FSA eligible?
What if I have a question not covered in the class?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I'm unhappy with the class?
We offer a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee. If you are at all unhappy with your class, simply contact email@example.com for a full refund.
We honor refunds outside of the 30-day window on a case-by-case basis to cover extenuating circumstances.